Winter Holidays in the Allg√§u
Off-piste winter adventures
Off the Ski Slopes
Alpine skiing and cross-country skiing is not everybody's taste in winter - and that's a good thing as the Allg√§u holiday region boasts a myriad of other scenic winter sports and activities off the beaten tracks. Endless fun is guaranteed!
Winter has a Lot More
Romantic winter walking on cleared trails, lovely horse carriage rides or action-packed toboggan adventures with the whole family promise endless and truly varied winter fun for all ages!
Sports & Fun
Just in case you want to spend a unique stay in Allg√§u but you are not really fond of skiing? Then we have a huge number of alternatives and wonderful activities. Here are only a few of the many examples:
- Pfronten Ice Arena: 1,800 m¬≤ of ice surface ideal for passionate ice skating fans. A truly elegant sport for young and old. Or maybe you prefer an action-packed ice hockey match? No problem, we are at your disposal.
- Ski Mountaineering & Ski Touring: Pfronten offers several guided ski mountaineering tours to the most scenic peaks. Return to the valley on superb powder slopes and indulge in the stunning Alpine scenery.
- Tobogganing & Sledding: Numerous toboggan and sled runs are available in Pfronten, ensuring fun in the snow for families or groups. Toboggan runs vary between several hundreds of meters or a couple of kilometers.
- Alpentherme Pfronten & Kristalltherme Schwangau: After a sporty day in the Allg√§u mountains you can relax sore muscles in the warm and soothing thermal waters. Countless water attractions guarantee unlimited water fun for children and adults alike.
Romantic Winter in Bavaria
When the snow-topped trees are dancing in the wind and the sun sets behind the mountains, you can experience the magic blue hour ... Unrivaled moments for hopeless romantics and all those who appreciate this very special atmosphere.
Splendid Winter Moments
Treat yourself to a romantic winter experience right at the heart of unspoilt nature landscapes:
- Snowshoe Hiking: Walking through romantic forests with the crunching snow under your feet, breathing out little white clouds. Snowshoe hiking stands for fabulous nature exploration off the beaten tracks. Experience nature close-by and follow secluded little paths in the snow. Certified guides take you to the region's finest nature spots. Special highlight: a torchlight hike by night!
- Horse Carriage Rides: Ringing bells, snorting horses, cozy woolen covers - enjoy a marvelous horse-drawn sled ride in the evening when the snow falls silently. A fantastic adventure for romantic couples in love, creating winter memories that will stay with you forever.
- Overnight in an Igloo: A touch of ice and snow - but warm enough to stay there overnight! Either you can built your own Igloo, guided by expert builders, or take full advantage of the already existing Inuit accommodations: The night is yours ... A highlight you shouldn't miss!